There are several ways that you can decorate the floating bookshelf to add a personalized or charming touch to your home decor: Here are 10 creative tips on how to decorate floating shelves:
Choose the color scheme:
The first step in decorate floating shelves is to decide on a color palette. This will assist you in deciding what items to decorate and will also guarantee that your display looks coherent and orderly. Choose a color that complements or integrates with what is currently in your home, or choose a floating shelf color that inspires you. For example, if you choose a beachy color scheme, you may combine it with dark blue and grey to create a unified look in your space.
A floating bookshelf can also be decorated with books. Books will give a unique visual element to your bookcase as well as a personal touch to your home decor. As such, arranging books either vertically or horizontally is the best method to decorate them. You can also try to arrange in genres, sizes, and colors to make an eye-catching display. In addition, if you want to add more touch to your decor, you can buy bookends to keep your books upright and prevent them from falling.
Add decorative objects(Vase, flowers…)
Another way to add a personal touch and style to your floating shelve is to add personalized decorative items. Here are a few creative objects that you can add that will reflect your style.
- Vases: A vase will add a charming style and beautiful texture to your shelves. You can try to choose a vase shape that complements with shelf and other decors to ensure cohesive color on your floating shelf.
- Picture frames: Another way to add interesting visuals to your floating bookshelf is to display your favorite photos. You can try to mix frames of different sizes and styles, to create an eye-catching display.
- Candles: I love how candles create a cozy and inviting atmosphere in any space. This welcoming environment can also be added to your floating bookshelf. Choose candles in various colors and scents and place them on your shelves to create a relaxing ambiance.
- Plants: Adding plants to your bookshelf is another way to bring life to it. You can place small potted plants on the shelf or hang a small planter from the shelf.
- Figurines: Figurines are small decor items that you can display on your floating shelf to add a personalized touch. There are a variety of figurines in different shapes and designs that you can choose from, such as animals, people, and other abstract designs.
- Sculptures: There are a variety of small and large sculptures that you can add to your floating shelf to add visual interest to the shelf. You can choose from those made from metal, wood, or other materials.
Use Lighting on your Bookshelf
Light is a great way to highlight your floating shelf. Adding lighting to the shelf will bring warmth and interesting visuals to your shelf. You can use small LED lights to highlight small plants or other objects, or you can try to install a small sconce above or beside the shelf to create a warm and inviting ambiance.
Mixing and matching textures and materials
If you want to add an interesting visual to your shelf, try to mix different textures and materials. As a result, rough and smooth glass vases can be combined with a rough wooden box. Alternatively, combine different materials, such as wood and metal or ceramics, to create a visually appealing display.
Varying Height and depth
You can play with the height and depth of your decor items. Try to place taller objects, such as frames, at the back and shorter ones at the front. By arranging objects in this manner, you will create a visually appealing and eye-catching display.
Leave a space
Overcrowding your shelves with a lot of items can break your bookshelf or make it look cluttered and disorganized. When you leave negative space, you create a balanced, clean, and visually appealing display.
Conclusion of how to decorate floating shelves
When you incorporate the above decorative ideas for a floating shelf, you will create a visually interesting and personalized look for your home. You can also check, how you can make step by step a floating shelf.